Living a little

I just realized...we're already here.
Image result for i see the light gif


"All those days watching from the windows
All those years outside looking in
All that time never even knowing
Just how blind I've been
Now I'm here blinking in the starlight
Now I'm here suddenly I see
Standing here it's all so clear
I'm where I'm meant to be
And at last I see the light
And it's like the fog has lifted
And at last I see the light
And it's like the sky is new
And it's warm and real and bright
And the world has somehow shifted
All at once everything looks different
Now that I see you"

I thought graduating was fun... Post Graduation is a different ball game altogether


We struggle, we sing, we hang, we crib, we complete assignments late into the night and wake up with hangovers after post-exam house parties. Deepankar's "chal, kuch fun karte hain" ("Come, let's do something fun") has become our motto in life. No matter how tired we are after a long day on the field or how many assignments we have pending, we find the time to chill.
Image result for fun gif

They say you are defined by the company you keep. Then come, take a look at my tribe.

As if learning and de-learning theories and concepts weren't enough...

We actually go back to them in the evenings and have tough discussions on the same. It's as if holding an opinion and presenting it in a constructive way has become a way of life. No longer are we fed notes and expected to present the same during exams. We have to think. There's no easy way out. 
Image result for starry skies gif
Image result for discuss gif

When a whole campus community starts thinking and starts voicing it in a constructive forum..."TISS happens". I like it when Chaynika, Ashish and I crib over completing assignments. I like it when Varun and Deepankar and Anki get into debates they can't easily get out of and involve the whole group into it, making us choose sides. I like it when Iwank shows interest and studies under the pressure and when Charu starts teaching us political theories and ideas. I like it when I find my whole class crammed into the cyber library late into the night before a submission. (especially the times when Aastha is forced to come to the library XD)
Image result for library gif
Image result for library gif

You'll find the campus awake even at 4 or 5 before exams. Celebrations for every community, every ethnic group, every single occasion are open. You'll be having "sulaimani" during Papadam one night and biryani on Eid on the next. The beauty of the place is that it's a huge party and it never stops. 

Chaynika and I spent days wondering when it'd stop feeling this way

It doesn't. It is what it is and we're finally here. I don't know how long this will last but we're happy in the here and now. 
Image result for we're here gif

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flipping Off Your "Humanity Switch"

How Does a Writer's Block feel?

You.