The Getaway

University life is happening, fast and very very blurry at times.

Things happen and assignments make you feel like a useless pile of goo or you meet new people and suddenly your circle is bigger than you can handle.


                    Image result for what is happening gif

Soon you muddle up something and look upon yourself from a distance thinking, "How exactly did I get here?"

I'll tell you how. 

You thought you could do this. It was just socializing after all. How could it hurt to know a few more people, get engaged in a  few more activities, join a few more clubs, hangout a liiiiittle bit more.


                        Image result for oh no gif

Go through that again, before you scroll further.

I've done all of this and more, slipped as far as I could and tried to find my way back. I'm probably exactly where you are. (Especially if you're still reading through this XD)

My chance to Getaway...

When we checked out our schedule to see that we had a 45 days' internship period to be covered as part of our course...anywhere in the country in any organization, guess who picked "Delhi".

                                       Image result for yay gif


Backstory: I've always wanted to come here; not as a tourist or a sightseer or as family that's visiting, but as a person who's going to stay a while, enjoy the sights, feast on its treats and see it as the locals do. 

Right Now:

I'm making my own ramen, sipping my own coffee, sprawling on my bed with nobody in the room (everybody else is at work and I have work-from-home).

There's a balcony, there's extracurriculars to be focused upon and there are assignments to be done...but I'm not worried. Everything gets done here and I'm not exaggerating one bit. We travel, we visit places we want to, we eat local stuff, we don't have many people to meet and we have our own little nook in the city. From MKT to Sarojini, from Hauz Khas to CP and from Janpath to Sector 12, it is all ours to have. 
Image result for food gif


We wouldn't have believed it would be this good even if someone forced us to, a week back. 

The only dampening agent here would be the relentless energy that Delhites have when it comes to fighting and bargaining. I'd rather pay an extra 10 bucks than keep at it for another 20 minutes, but no. My Delhite friends have taught me one simple rule and that's that you simply cannot give up.
                     Image result for never back down gif


Bargain, fight, stab them if required. But DO NOT BACK DOWN.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flipping Off Your "Humanity Switch"

How Does a Writer's Block feel?

You.