You.

I wanted to walk to the moon and back
For you

I wanted to hold your hand in my little palm
And walk across the shore in some foreign land

I wanted to take a ferry to some distant place
with distant dreams and you beside me

I wanted to carry your hopes and sorrows and dreams
and share them with the world, so they could see
You.

I wanted to tell you...so many things
So many stories, so many tales
Of ice cream cones and starry nights
and winter breezes and olden sights

I wanted to feel you, touch you
See you grow.
I wanted to support you when you needed me
and watch you unfold.

I want... I wanted... you.

I wanted to go to that movie you said you'd hated
but I loved so much
I wanted to catch that bus you promised we would
but never got on.

I wanted to roam around the streets aimlessly
and hear you complain again
I wanted to have those fights over a call
that I thought were necessary and you knew were lame.

We've made history together and
I want to believe it wasn't for nothing.

We've shared a lifetime of pain
yet... Oh so much have we gained.

If not for you I'd never believe
that it was ok to not be ok.
If not for you I'd still be that little soul
wandering aimlessly looking for an anchor of sorts.

I am no more me
and you are you no more.

We grew you know...
Over those pointless sessions of endless bickering
Over searching for more and always wandering
While being lost and finding each other
Cracking pointless jokes, playing games, bearing with silly smothers.

It was more than we bargained for
It was less than we started hoping for

Life has humor and we know it now
We each had dreams. They changed and how...

I know we've lived a lifetime
I know we've had our time
It's ok I guess, a little more, a little less.

Those crazy days, the slight caress
Our days and nights
Flown away in some dream, like little kites

This is our legacy
Our story, about the time we crossed paths
Our puny semi-significant lives
Coming together for the large shadows we cast

Thanking you and with regards
Your lover, from across the stars.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flipping Off Your "Humanity Switch"

How Does a Writer's Block feel?